Thursday, December 18, 2014

Let it Snow, Let it Snow (Dining Room)

I was so excited to decorate the dinning room this year! At the end of last year, I had this brilliant idea and couldn't wait to try it.
We always had a hard time figuring out how to incorporate these blue snowflakes my Grandmother made. They are beautiful works of art, but didn't really go with our mostly red and green Christmas decor. That is when I decided they would be great as winter and Christmas wall art. I just took scrap booking paper cut to the size of the picture frame and sewed the snowflakes to the paper(this was the only was I could get them to stay), then taped the paper to the picture frame glass.
The buffet ends up being our "wrapping station" during Christmas. This year we decided to use a basket to contain all the tags and tissue paper.


New this year is also a vintage table cloth! We have been on the hunt for awhile for a table cloth would fit our monster of a table. 
 This one has all our favorite vintage things, Shiny-Brite, bells and candles!
The poinsettia wreath made another appearance this year, I think it is going to be a yearly favorite.


And way back in March, I started this banner using a felted sweater. 

3 comments:

  1. Heide,

    Your dining room looks splendid!! Your tablecloth is quite similar to the one I have in my kitchen. : ) I have a weakness for vintage tablecloths.

    -Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have done an amazing job decorating for Christmas. I especially love your tablecloth it is so beautiful, and the Christmas banner along with the wreath on the window make a very welcoming area to be in, I love it!

    xx,
    Jacqueline

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your dining room is so cozy and welcoming. Did you embroider the letters on the sweater banner? The wreath is pretty and the tablecloth is wonderful! I loved your botanical pictures when you put them up in the dining room and what a clever way to disguise them for Christmas! You're amazing and so is your Grandmother for making those snowflakes.

    ReplyDelete