Tuesday, December 4, 2018

It's Beginning to look alot like Christmas around here!

 The last couple of week we have been slowly getting out the decorations. The winter pillow covers have been put on, the snowflakes hung up, Frosty brought up.....
Last Saturday I bought the red ribbon. I have really been loving the bright red this year! I want it cheery! (We have had our usually dreary month of November and I am ready for some brightness!)

 The stocking has been on the door since the last week of October. I saw the Sunny Day Supply sew-along and fell in love with the quilted diamond pattern! It was a very fun make! And the perfect project to get ready for the season!

Mandy thought we should also put the ribbon around the window. And I agree! I love all the cheeriness! And I can't wait to see the tree framed in the ribbon framed window!

How is your decorating coming? All done? Haven't started?

10 comments:

  1. Cheery is right! It's delightful. I got all the Autumn decorations down yesterday, and will start on the Christmas decor later this week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How fun! We actually haven't decorated much inside the house yet. It was fun starting outside and getting that taken care. I think is on the list for this week!

      Delete
  2. What a delight, I love the ribbon framing the door and windows.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love love love it too! So simple and inexpensive at $7 for 40'! With the porch light on in the evening it is even visible from the street. So cheery to come home to!

      Delete
  3. Love your decorations. I’ve been struggling to get started but hope to make some impressive progress today. I would love to get my outside decorations done but it’s so cold out! I hate going up on the ladder when it’s this cołd - I just don’t move as well - but I know I’ll get so much pleasure out of it when it’s done!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The cold just kind of zaps it out of one. Hope you can find a warmer day! And then enjoy it from the warmth of the house!

      Delete
  4. The ribbon really does make it very cheery! I haven't done any decorating except a wreath on the door so far. Hopefully this Saturday. I've been busy 'making' Christmas presents and my daughter and I decided to exchange for an Advent/12 days of Christmas this year. I have to finish up, get them wrapped and in the mail. There are some other gifts to make but I'm almost done and then there's wrapping and shipping and baking Oh My! I'm looking forward to decorating this weekend. I can't wait to see the rest of yours. I love your front door and your porch and Frosty, of course!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think we should get the rest of it up this weekend. I am enjoying savoring it this year! Then I need to get on with my making and baking!

      Delete
  5. It's so nice that you can still use your enclosed porch during some of the warmer days. Love the old fashioned snowman!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Frosty is a favorite. I love having him "greet" everyone when they come in! Living in Wisconsin we don't really get warm enough days in the winter to sit on the porch, but we still enjoy decorating it! It is nice to be able to put out decorations and worry about them being buried in snow....

      Delete