Thursday, August 30, 2012

One Apple, Two Apple

I don't know about you, but I am ready for Fall!! Apples, pumpkins, acorns, Indian corn, colorful leaves, crispy mornings; Yes, summer has been long enough for me. If you look hard enough in our neighborhood, you will see signs that it is coming!
Last weekend my sister and I went to visit our Grandma. Driving six hours straight north certainly makes a difference in weather! You can see quite a few more signs fall is on it's way. One of them, apples are ready to pick!
 Do you see all those apples ready for picking?
 I don't know about you, but I think apple trees are so pretty. This one has been around a long time and it shows. Poor thing! It is a bit lopsided.
I love the thick glossy leaves and the contrast of ripening apples.
Of course, apples mean Pie!! We couldn't resist whipping one up!
 More Cinnamon?
Yum!
We always forget to take a picture of the finished product, in too big of a hurry to sample it, I guess!

8 comments:

  1. What a tasty looking pie! I think I am getting ready for fall to come too. : )

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! It must be in the air, even though it doesn't feel to fallish.

      Delete
  2. Looks delicious! :) I am not really ready for fall just some NORMAL summer days....not too hot...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol! yes, that would be nice too. I have a sneaky suspision that enven though I am ready, the weather might not be.....so we will probably get more warm weather....

      Delete
  3. Love apple anything! We picked apples last week when we thought the hurricane might blow them off the tree. I can't wait to get in the kitchen and do something with them. Nothing smells better than apples cooking with cinnamon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes indeed! We didn't pick apples last year (too busy with family things) so this year I am so excited to go! We don't have our own trees (Yet!) but there are a number of pick your own orchards in the area.

      Delete