Thursday, August 16, 2012

1900s Photo Inspiration

Don't you love old Photos for inspiration? I love looking at the clothing, the faces, the backgrounds and of course the Aprons! The 1900s are a little boring in apron fashion, mostly plain styled waist aprons. They are also very hard to find photos of! The home camera was not widely used at this point, so if a photograph was going to be taken everyone wanted to look their best!! Here are a few I found on Etsy.
RougeValleyVintage
 I love this Mother/Daughter pair, such lovely aprons! This picture is probably on the laer side, closer to 1918.

PaperSeeker
 Isn't that a grand house? More full aprons and a waist apron.

DawnandRoss
She is such a cutie, had to share her too! Did you notice? Her apron is striped!

If you would like to see other views and purchase information, please click on the link under the photo.

7 comments:

  1. What a nice collection. When ever I look at old photos, I also look at everything. I look at the background, clothing, hairstyles, aprons, shoes, accessories, how they used to pose etc... I love to study a pic and enjoy it the same time. You have a nice trio. I specially like the daughter in the first pic, she looks lovely. ^_^

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They all look like lovely ladies. I love the houses in the background.

      Delete
  2. I love these pics! I enjoy doing the same thing! Photographs really tell so much.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They do tell a lot! It is always fun to see if one can find the "clues"!

      Delete
  3. It's so interesting that they would wear an apron to be "dressed up" for a special thing like taking a picture. I love how aprons were a part of getting dressed...like putting on socks or underwear!

    ReplyDelete