Saturday, October 15, 2016

3 Varieties of Apple Muffins

Muffins of all kinds have been top on my baking list this year. They are quick and satisfy my cravings for comfort food and baked goods. I even have time in the morning (if I don't get too distracted!) to whip up a batch before leaving for work. Perfect start to the day!

 I dug this recipe out of the recipe basket last night and remembered how good it was. It has been around a long time. Written across the card is "Double it!" in large letters. When the brothers were at home, twelve muffins didn't go far!

Cran-Apple Muffins
1 1/2 cups flour
3/4 cup sugar
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon baking powder
1 egg
1/3 cup milk
1/3 cup veg.oil
In large bowl combine above ingredients. Fold in 1 cup shredded or chopped peeled tart apple. Spoon batter into muffin tin. Use 1/2 cup whole cranberry sauce to top muffin batter(about 1 tablespoon on each muffin) Bake in a 375 degree oven for 18-20 minutes. Combine 1/2 cup confectioner's sugar with 1 tablespoon orange juice for icing. Drizzle over cooled muffins. Makes 12 muffins.

I am sure once the weather is a bit colder I will make the Cranberry version. But for now I am all about apples! So I chopped my apples kind of chunky, used apple cider instead of milk (to make it dairy-free) and threw in raisins in half the muffins (orange liners- apple. purple liners- apple raisin). I found an apple and raisin bread recipe online that looked good, but the tried and true was simpler.


1 comment:

  1. Oh they look so yummy! I went to the apple orchard the other day and picked up some German Apple Cake. It is so good! I need to break out Granny's recipe and try it!

    ReplyDelete