Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Updates

I hope everyone had a lovely Thanksgiving Holiday! I for one, got tired out! There was cooking and pie making, working on my house, visiting with family, cleaning house, washing dishes ( I am sure everyone washed a lot of dishes, it seemed like an endless chore!), a little yarn shopping, Christmas planning, more work on my house, sewing, knitting Christmas presents and don't forget a bit of relaxing!!
 Finally I got a picture of the hall floor! Not bad for having two layers of linoleum, a half inch of tar paper and being a hundred years old. Just needs a bit of sanding and a coat of varnish. I also got all the staples out of the living/dinning room and the downstairs bedrooms. Now I just have to de-staple the stairs and the upstairs bedroom. I am not sure why carpet installers think they need so many staples to hold a carpet pad down.....

Now on to Christmas planning!!
 

6 comments:

  1. Your floors are going to be so pretty! It's amazing how they can come back to life with a little sanding and varnish! Love the little peeks you're showing us! Got my curiosity up!
    Hugs,
    Dru

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't it?! Can't wait to see what it finally looks like!

      Delete
  2. Oh you have been a busy bee! I can't wait to see your robe!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, I am so excited about it! Can't wait to wear it.

      Delete
  3. I tore up the old carpet in my downstairs a few years ago. I completely understand about the staples!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am sure carpet installers are the same everywhere.... It just drives me nuts no thinks of the holes they are making in the wood floors!

      Delete