Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Jane Austen Knits Magazine

I am published!! This is so exciting! I have been bursting with excitement, longing to share the news with you, but trying to patiently wait until I could share it properly.
This past January I submitted a project for the Jane Austen Knits summer 2012 and it was accepted!! And finally, finally after much waiting it is here!! The magazine is now in stores and online.
It is so exciting to see one's name in print!



Jane Austen Knits is a knitting magazine with a Jane Austen twist! All the patterns are inspired by either a Jane Austen character or setting. Inside you will find a plethora of wrist warmers, shawls, socks, bags and sweaters.
Look at all the beautiful projects! Interweave always does a wonderful job.
 I few close ups of Miss Jane's Hat.
"In the Regency Era turbans and Greek style headwear were popular and they were very similar to modern slouchy hats. This hat was inspired by two characters-Miss Jane Bennett and Miss Jane Fairfax-as well as Jane Austen herself. All three Janes exhibited grace and elegance wherever they went."
"Miss Jane's hat has a graceful cabled hat band with dainty embroidery and an elegant body gathered into bands of reverse stocking stitch. The hatband is worked flat and sewn together; stitches are then picked up around the top of the hatband and joined for knitting in the round."

Tomorrow-picture of Miss Jane's Hat!

14 comments:

  1. Congratulations, Heide! I don't knit but admire those who do, so I'm looking forward to seeing the hat.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much!
      It is never too late to learn something new!! ;) Do you crochet?

      Delete
  2. This is so great, I am excited for you. Now I must by the mag. Love, Mary

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Mary! I know you will love the magazine, it is really fun!

      Delete
  3. That is great! Tons of people can knit but to make up things on their own is a whole different story!

    Susan Mc

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am sure that is true......I have never found it difficult to come up with ideas though. :)
      Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  4. Congratulations! How very exciting. : )

    -Sarah

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Sarah!
      It is exciting! And all because my sister gave me the fall issue of Jane Austen Knits for Christmas....

      Delete
  5. OH JOY and GLORY, the magazine is much more intersting than I thought with all kinds of articles about Jane Austen's era. So excited its out in print!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't gotten a chance to sit down and read it yet. I am SO looking forward to it this weekend!!

      Delete
  6. Congratulations!!! Now I need to buy the magazine. Well done Heide...


    xox,
    jacqueline

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Jacqueline! I am sure you will enjoy the magazine. I think any Jane Austen fan would enjoy it.

      Delete