Friday, April 8, 2011

Vintage Dressers

This is another project that has been keeping me busy. My sister bought a new dresser and my Mom gave me one. And they BOTH needed painting! So out came the paint brushes and some new hardware, and we have two lovely pieces of furniture!
My sister Mandy, loves red white and blue, her bedroom is decorated in it. She mixed white paint and navy blue together for the pefect shade. It certainly had to be the perfect shade, that was all the blue we had!
The handles go so well and give the dresser a clean look! I think the dresser is from the 20s or 30s. It is very solid. The bit of scroll work on the bottom and little wheels on the legs are so cute. Mandy is working on finding a key to go in the locks, wouldn't that be neat?! So this is my little dresser. Probably from the 50s. It was painted a horrible mud brown when I got it. White is so much better! The blue knobs were from another dresser. I think they work very well. I am planning on putting this in my sewing room. A new home for my vintage pattern collection! And possibly thread, trim and fabric. All depends on how much room the patterns take up. I am so excited! I just have to do a major overhaul and spring clean!
My cute little knobs with blue flowers.

2 comments:

  1. I like the pictures !! going to post it now on fb.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yea! Spring Cleaning! The dressers look lovely ladies. I can't wait to get started on mine.

    ReplyDelete