Thursday, March 8, 2012

Father Knows Best

Have you ever seen the old television show "Father Knows Best"? My Mom and I have just discovered it, thanks to Netflix! It isn't action packed or dramatic, just meanders along. Our favorite part of the show is looking at the 50s decorating and the kitchen. Of course Jane Wyatt, being a good 1950s housewife, wears a myriad of aprons!

I came across this commercial for one of the sponsors, All Laundry Detergent.

I am sure not everyone is in love with vintage advertisements as I am. I thought we would take a small break. Parts 3 and 4 of the Herrschners catalog will be up Friday and Saturday.


6 comments:

  1. Controlled suds! I love it. I really like to hear the old commercials from the radio. :) especially the cigarette ones that tell you the benifits of smoking!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I remember this show when I was a kid.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, so did my Mom. The little girl, Kathy is always up to mischief.
      A fun walk down memory lane!

      Delete
  3. Oh my word Heide!!! I love the commercial...thanks for sharing. About the show Father Knows Best, I didn't know about it. I'll try to get it on Netflix so that I can watch it. Thanks...

    xoxo,
    Jacqueline

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you liked it! I think you will enjoy Father Knows Best. If you have Netflix Streaming, you can watch it instantly.
      Enjoy!

      Delete
  4. I loved that show! I was just watching 'The Hurricane of '38' on PBS American Experience, and all the little girls were wearing dresses as they played hopscotch or whatever. Just like my old Dick & Jane readers, where all the moms wore aprons. :-) I have to wear an apron. I'm way too messy and they save my shirts from being ruined - except for the new long-sleeved T-shirt that I managed yesterday to get bleach on the cuffs! grrr.

    ReplyDelete