Thursday, September 26, 2013

The Pug Dog Theory

Do you ever feel like it is your birthday when you return something?
In our house we love to quote the scene from the movie "Life with Father" about the pug dog statue. We know it doesn't really work that way, but every time I return something it feels like a bonus! I have been tidying up things and we are at the point where we can finally return some of the extra supplies hanging around. Now I just have to figure out what to buy with all that money.......

2 comments:

  1. Hi, I found your blog about a week ago but this is my first time to comment. I just had to say "hi" when I read this post...that scene is so funny and so well done. I laugh every time I watch it. I love Irene Dunne too so that makes it even better. And yes, I kind of feel the same way when I return something, too. :o)

    Lovely blog btw!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Heide, Absolutely! Especially when I buy shoes and realize I won't wear them; returning them and getting the money back feels really good. When ever I have returns to make what I like to do with the returned money is use it for purchasing things which are necessary, mainly personal essentials. As for the movie "Life with Father" and the quote,oh I love it.

    xx,
    Jacqueline

    ReplyDelete