Monday, September 30, 2013

Sitting Pretty

The porch has been a kind of catch-all this summer. Some weeks it was so cluttered one could hardly get to the front door! With Winter looming on the horizon and the days getting cooler and cooler and Mom announcing she thought this was the last weekend we could paint outdoors, we decided to spring into action.
Friday afternoon Mandy sanded it down and by that evening we managed to get a coat of primer on. Then Saturday (while Mandy and I worked on the plaster in the bathroom) Mom painted the floor. I love how bright and cheery the color is! (the pictures are a little dark as it is later in the afternoon)
Can't you just picture a couple of wicker chairs loaded with pillows?

3 comments:

  1. Oh, I just love the color! Screened in front porches are wonderful. I am still working on our porch. It could use a fresh coat of paint, but as one of the upstairs rooms is being renovated some of the items from that room have made their way to the porch. Maybe come spring. : )
    -Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just had to come back and look at your porch again! I can't wait to come visit you and hang out there!

    ReplyDelete