Thursday, August 1, 2013

Cherry Berry Summer

My cherry tree had cherries this summer!!! Yes, the fruit was ripe weeks ago, these pictures are almost a month old!
And not just two or three cherries, but a couple of handfuls! Around 25 to be precise. Yep, I counted! This was a momentous occasion. The most cherries it previously had was three. I think it finally got mature enough or maybe it is just a good cherry year? Not sure why this was the year. I was a little unsure if they were ripe, but the cherries started splitting open, so I guess that was a sign.
 
The tree is huge now. Around eight to nine feet tall. I was pretty sure the tag stated it was a dwarf, but I am not sure if I trust my memory.
The cherries were certainly tasty! Though there were quite a few people you were disappointed there wasn't enough for a pie.......... Maybe next year!
 

5 comments:

  1. Your cherries look both beautiful and delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mmmm...I love cherries! Especially those kind. When I was a little girl we had a tree in the front yard and my dad tied disposable pie plates to it to keep the birds away! I remember they were so tart and yummy...just perfect for a pie!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Maybe it just takes the tree time to 'grow up' and make more cherries. They look absolutely gorgeous. Hope you get enough for a pie next time 'round!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for your comments everyone! Here is hoping next year is a good cherry year!

    ReplyDelete