Friday, April 24, 2015

Ready for Summer


We are ready and waiting for the nice weather to arrive! The porch floor has been swept, the furniture re-arranged and they summer pillow covers put on. All we need is a little sunshine!

 This is the other side of the porch, which ends up being more of the "entry". It is where the shoes and boots end up and where the constant stream of items coming and going is temporarily is parked.
This year I am going to try and spruce it up a bit. The table is very handy to stack smaller items and I am hoping to add more chairs so it is also functional. It would really fun to be able to have breakfast out here in the summer, don't you think?





Are you ready for warm weather? Or are you already enjoying it? (lucky you!)

11 comments:

  1. What a delightful porch! I'd love to come over for a visit, so inviting. We don't have warm weather yet, but we're hopeful that it isn't far away.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Last year I didn't have the porch ready this early (still tracking down furniture), so it is nice to be able to sit out there when we get a nice day. the weather is a bit back and forth at this point.

      Delete
  2. You have a very nice and open space...cozy and inviting :0) warm weather? not at the moment :0( mari

    ReplyDelete
  3. This porch looks like the sweet spot in life. If this were my porch, I would have a few friends bring guitars, some beers and the intention of relinquishing cares for a few hours.

    Every time I see these intimate photos of your neighborhood, I long for my Stevens Point, Wisconsin days. It is the place where I found myself on many porches, sharing good times with friends. At my own place, I logged in many hours of reading and snoozing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There is something about a porch! One of our favorites is to watch summer thunderstorms, we spent many a late out there.

      Delete
  4. I can feel the warm summer breeze. Lovely space, lucky you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! The funny thing is I wasn't even sure how much we would use it when I bought the house, now it is a favorite spot in the summer.

      Delete
  5. I love your porch with all the windows! It would a beautiful place to have breakfast. Those top you've been sewing, in your last post, are very pretty!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is really nice to have all the windows and thus screens to keep out bugs. Makes is so much nicer! And it is so peaceful to sit out on a summer night.....

      Delete