Wednesday, May 14, 2014

Sweet Violets

These little violets herald summer. Even though we have had huge temperature fluctuation, in typical Wisconsin style, summer is on it's way.
  I couldn't resist taking a few quick photos before the grass, and hence the violets, got mowed.
Things have been absolutely crazy around here! It is "wedding week" as my brother is getting married this weekend. Lots of last minute things to do, cleaning, sewing, floor washing, projects to get done, menus to plan. Time is ticking and soon relatives will arrive and the festivities commence! I will be taking a small break this week and will see you on the other side!
Have a lovely week!

3 comments:

  1. What lovely violets! I am so happy that the nicer weather had finally arrived. ; )

    I hope you and your family have a very blessed week and that everything goes smoothly. The week of a wedding can be exhausting!

    -Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful photos! I always like to see the violets bloom. Then I know warm weather is on it's way. Have a wonderful week with your family. Weddings are so special!
    Hugs,
    Dru

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have a great weekend at the wedding. How exciting! And I love the violet photos. I've noticed that I'm getting wood violet buds. Flowers should appear soon. About time. :-)

    ReplyDelete