Saturday, February 9, 2013

Great Grandmother Marie

Marie around 1916-18
Even though my Mom or I had never met my great grandmother Marie, we always remember her for her housekeeping abilities. She instilled such a strong sense of cleanliness, proper housekeeping and care of one's family in her daughter(my grandmother) it is still going strong!  
Maire with her children and husband.
I know that sounds like a strange legacy, but that is what we remember of Marie. We don't really know much about her, other then the usual facts. She married a not so stable man, had three children, divorced and later re-married. Her personality doesn't show up in any of the family stories and so she remains a bit mysterious.
 Marie, like any good housekeeper wearing a a cute apron!


2 comments:

  1. What a lovely lady! You know more about her than I know about my great grandmothers. Times were fairly hard back then, but she seems calm, content and happy. That says a lot. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol! I guess I don't think I know much about her as conpared to the other side of the family, I haven't a lot about her.

      Delete