I've had a shirt dress on my to-do list for a long time. A few months ago I finally found the perfect fabric; a lightweight cotton/spandex blend in dusty rose. I used a vintage 1964 pattern- Simplicity 3039, from my collection.
I studiously ignored everything on Saturday, except the lunch bell, and sewed away! I don't remember if I've ever sat down and completed a dress in one sitting. If I have, it has been a very long time. By that night, the only thing left was to sew four snaps on!
It is very handy to have an hourglass figure when sewing with vintage patterns. The only alterations I needed was additional seam allowance on the bodice side seams, because I didn't have the right size. I also shortened the sleeve length and changed the button placket on the skirt to snaps hidden in the pleats.
Hopefully, I can get some better photos. I just wanted a few quick snaps to share with you all!