Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Newest Apron Patterns


Here are a few apron patterns that have recently joined my collection. These are so cute! I can't wait to make them up!! I already have plans!! (but first I have to finish a few projects that are in progress!)

First off (top) we have a 1950s cobbler style apron, that could also be used as a beach cover up! Very ingenious! The ties are sewn into a front dart and can then be tied in back to fit. I already have a fabulous fabric picked out for it! Pink dahlias!


This was a present from my sister. A reprint of a sewing booklet put out by the White Sewing Machine Co in 1940! The apron on the cover is also on my list! The star is actually a pocket!


I love love this one! I am going to keep my eye out for pink fabric like that! I like all the options. Two yokes and two skirt options. Also an applique pattern for the pocket! I have a sister who would adore one with flower pockets in yellow!! 1960s

One of my favorite eras! 1940s! Of course I love the 30s and the 50s and the 20s too! But I think 40s are a bit more on the top of the list! This is just a cute cute apron! Look at all the details! And my pattern came with the embroidery transfer too. Of course this is also on my list!

I am hoping in the next couple of weeks to make a few of these. So be looking for posts about them!

3 comments:

  1. I take it as a hint that you are thinking of making me an apron with yellow pockets. Haha. Thanks for sharing those, they are really fun. I could tell you were excited!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry about the exclamation points! I did take a few out. I'll try to remember. :)

    Yes! I am going to make you one, sometime....... I don't have a fabric picked out for it. Any suggestions? Or pieces in your stash?

    ReplyDelete