Friday, September 10, 2021

Ah Summer! 2021

 


Hello Friends!
I am still here, happy and healthy.  This summer has been a whirlwind of activity! But it has been filled with all the good things in life!! Family (lots of family visiting!), diy projects, sewing, gardening, crafting, going to the beach, porch sitting, small house projects, berry picking...... 


Last year I had a really hard time finding words..... which is one of the reasons I haven't been posting much. What was there to say about last year, except we survived? 
Last year also had me reevaluating a lot of things in life, just rethinking what direction life was going and what direction I wanted it to go. I am sure a lot of us did that!  I have been a bit on the fence with this blog. Should I let it go? I am on Instagram and really love the inspiration and creativeness of it. 



But, I have good news! 
Do you remember the Sister House I purchased last year? (aka the house next door) The renters are moving out in a few days and boy do I have plans!! I am so excited to start restoring her! So, for the time being, I will keep this blog as a way to share the renovations. So stayed tuned!


Can you believe it is already apple picking time? The little apple tree has produced a bumper crop this year! I had to buy myself an apple picker on a pole to reach them all. I haven't picked all the apples yet, I need a little time to make some pies and apple sauce first!









We haven't spent a lot of time on the front porch this year because of the construction dust! They decided this was the year to replace the road, crosswalks, driveway aprons and sidewalks. Boy, is it a mess! We will be thankful when it is done.






I finished my new quilt this spring. It has been so nice! I love how colorful it is. It was a nice comforting project to work on last year.



I was super excited to finally go blueberry picking! We found a farm that isn't too far away and Mandy and I had a lovely time. It was a beautiful, rather warm, day. Fruit trees and bushes are so beautiful.






This Spring I finished up patching over the old heat vents and rearranging trim, but I will save that for another blog post. I also did a few small projects including hanging hooks in the bathroom and floating shelves in my bedroom. Oh and I also repainted my bedroom walls a slightly darker pink!





So Friends, that has been the summer in a nutshell! 
I can't wait to share the journey of Sister House with you! 

Do you  have any big exciting projects coming up?



5 comments:

  1. Ho exciting to be able to renovate another house, looking forward to watching the progress.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It is really good to be back. And I am so looking forward to working on another house!!

      Delete
  2. OH! I am excited to see you back blogging and also renovating some more. You inspire me although I am in my 70's now and I don't have the energy, strength or flexibility I used to have. I just painted a window frame in one of my bathrooms and spray painted the register and towels bar etc. I now need to put on my knee pads and get down and scrub the grout and tile floor.
    Didn't you plant that apple tree when you moved in? That's an amazing harvest and they look so healthy. I need to go find you on IG! Looking forward to future posts!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did plant the apple tree a year or two after I moved in! So it is now 5-6 years old. It started so small and had a horrible first year with the rabbits eating half it's branches off! I am so excited it is finally coming into it's own! I think I got about 2 bushels in all. This weekend I made 13 pints of apple sauce! And I still have plenty for crisp, pies and muffins!

      Delete
  3. So glad the blog is back. It's like a good chat on the screen porch. And inspiration as I ponder work on my 1915-ish condo. I love seeing how you arrange your vintage treasures. There's always something new to do with old stuff!

    ReplyDelete