Tuesday, May 15, 2018

Switching things up......

You know how life goes sometimes? One has all sorts of plans laid out and life just gets in the way! That is what happened to this post. I had it practically written out in my head, the pictures planned out and everything. But it just didn't happen like I had planned. Anyway, I will go with the flow and start with what I have!
Remember back in February? I showed you Mandy's room before we switched things up? Well, here it is now! That is right! Mandy and I switched rooms!

It was a little bit of a bittersweet move for me. I loved my nest upstairs! But the last two winters I ended up sleeping downstairs because the cold was too much for me. The heat doesn't really get upstairs and even with an electric heater it was chilly. And since I am already a chilly person it just wasn't working. 




Naturally the first thing we had to do was repaint walls. Mandy shuddered at the idea of even lightly pink walls and I certainly wanted my room brighter then brown! There was a lot of shifting of furniture, but we got most of it done in one Saturday.



One of the bonuses of having a bedroom downstairs is now my dressing table is more handy! I love being able to pop in here during the morning rush to do my hair and makeup. And with only one bathroom, that is a good thing for everyone!



Surprisingly, all my furniture fit in very nicely and easily. Once I figured out where I wanted my bed, the dresser and dressing table went where there was room. Most of the furniture upstairs in the sewing closet I left there, except the chair. 

 We even switched light fixtures! Because obviously a pink light was not going to go with a rustic western theme!

 I thought a lot about what kind of curtains I wanted. I tried a few vintage sheets I have, but nothing seemed right. Then I remembered when I made the curtains for upstairs I had recycled an old comforter cover. I dug through my fabric stash to see if I had any left and I did! Who notices seams in the middle anyway?


 And in case you are wondering, here is the new sewing closet! I was so relieved that it all fit. I love how easy it is to see it all! To the right, the closet goes back farther and I hung a closet pole for my shirts. 

For future reference for myself, the paint color is a very soft light pink. I named it Rosy Glow. It is one part Valspar Ultra White and one part Valspar Exaltation. (I really wanted to paint it the same color as I did upstairs, but I couldn't find any record of what color it was.)
So that is our switch! We are pretty well settled in and are both enjoying our new spaces. Mandy is loving being upstairs with a bit more quiet and I love carrying on a conversation from my bedroom to Mom in her bedroom across the hall! Lol!
Don't forget to take a look at the room before!

8 comments:

  1. Wow, what a difference. Love the wonderful recycling to make the curtains, the fabric is stunning. I didn't notice the seam until you mentioned it, a tie back might hide it if you were bothered.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love the curtain fabric! And quickly realized I wanted the same thing or something similar. I did think of all sorts of way to "hide" the seam, but it doesn't really bother me. I am too busy admiring the fabric!

      Delete
  2. What lovely furniture, especially the dressing table. Nice that you are enjoying the new to you room. And you all have your own wishes for conversation or quietness! If it's not too personal a question, would you care to post a picture of your family? I love seeing the faces behind the Blog.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love my furniture set! It is a vintage set my sister purchased for me, so it is special to me. My blog policy is not to post people pictures, sorry. I understand your curiosity, but I wanted this blog to be about decorating, crafts, aprons and vintage things. So for now you will just have to imagine us!

      Delete
    2. Ok, thanks for letting me know, hope I haven't offended you. Continue to do what you do!

      Delete
  3. Very pretty, it's always nice to switch things up.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! It is fun to switch things up. A good way to Spring clean too! Lol!

      Delete
  4. Very nice job. The room is very pretty.
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete